Monday, March 29, 2010

Flying Apron: Decadent Baked Treats

Last winter when my daughter was first diagnosed with allergies I had no idea what I could eat. My mind was only able to think of things I couldn't eat. I wasn't eating well at all and was also breast feeding, which resulted in a lot of weight loss. I continued to slowly lose weight or at least maintain, even when I ate constantly. Until now.

Awhile back I was perusing the stores in downtown Olympia and found a treasure: Flying Apron's Gluten Free and Vegan Baking Book (http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Aprons-Gluten-free-Vegan-Baking/dp/1570616299). That was the first time I heard of the Flying Apron bakery in Seattle (http://www.flyingapron.com/), which caters to everyone, including people with food allergies. All of their treats are allergy free, vegan, healthy, and truly delicious!

This cookbook has recipes in numerous categories, sweet and savory, breakfast, dinner, and dessert. I have made a number of them and they have all turned out absolutely amazing. My favorites include their Sweet Tahini cookies and the Mexican Chocolate Cake. Whenever I make them for people, even people who can eat wheat, I get recipe requests. Their great flavors and textures, along with the fact that the recipes are all health conscious, make these lasting family favorites. I will definitely make these even when/if allergies are no longer an issue in our family. This cookbook is a staple for me and a must for any food allergic family.

So yes, I have rejoined the ranks of normal Americans and can no longer eat everything in sight. But anything you try from the Flying Apron will leave you very satisfied. It's worth eating a little less in order to feel this fulfilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment